Font Size

Village/County Zoning

The Village of Vernon recently opted out of Waukesha County Zoning.  If you have any questions or need direction regarding Zoning, please contact the Village Clerk Administrator at 262-662-2039 or email

Village of Vernon Zoning Code:

Zoning Permit & Site Evaluation:

A Zoning Permit is required when a structure or part thereof is located, erected, moved, reconstructed, extended, enlarged, converted or structurally altered in the Village of Vernon; or the shoreland/floodland areas (generally within 1,000 feet of a lake of 300 feet of a stream).

You may need a preliminary Site Evaluation for impact on your well and septic system or a Construction Erosion Control Permit to prevent sediment from leaving your site.

All Zoning Permits  will no longer go through the Village of Vernon Building Inspector.  Any questions regarding zoning can be directed to the Village of Vernon Clerk Administrator at